us at the bar
It was Gary's birthday last week, so he got to do what he wanted - which was have dinner at the local cowboy diner and hang out at Bootscooters - which is exactly what it sounds like. I got to be the designated driver. Bootscooters is definitely the place to hang out - couples, groups of guys, groups of girls, all decked out in Western wear, and low neck slinky tops (the girls, that is) and everyone drinking and dancing and having a good time. The parking lot was full!!
After a few drinks, even Gary got up and danced the Texas two-step. (sorry, I don't have any pictures of that event!)
girl's bathroom boy's bathroom
And, just to make things interesting, the woman reported missing last week was found - decapitated and chopped up in pieces small enough to fit inside 3 cardboard boxes. The alleged murderer had lived on her property in a rural (oxymoron) part of town, got mad at her one day, and hit her with an axe. A lot of times, apparently. He then stuffed her pieces into the boxes, loaded up her pickup with her furniture and the boxes, and hightailed it to Texas, where he got picked up on an outstanding warrant. As the paper reported, when the officers investigated the pickup, "they were met by a strong odor of decomposition." You don't need the rest of the details, but the paper was very graphic. Oh, yeah, he sold the axe at a flea market before leaving town.
lyric for the day: " I ain't as good as I once was, my how the years have flown; there was a time, back in my prime, when I did hold my own; I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."
Never a dull moment in Roswell.
I had a great time with my Darlin' and even got loaded enough to dance a bad two step.
ReplyDeleteBootScooters was a good dance place, but the best place for drinking, eating, and dancing, is Billy Ray's a bar that has been in the same place for 40 years under different names.
My mom's first beauty shop was right next to the original (I think it was called Roulon's), and at the age of 8 or 9 they would let me come in and drink a coke dressed up like a real drink.
I met my first black man in that bar; and he was a real gentleman and good to me. He taught me about sardines and crackers, among some other things.
Gary